Busy Busy

I notice that I like repeating words a lot of the time, to show the emphasis by repetition instead of saying 'very'.  I don't think this is grammatically correct, but it gets the point across.

I've been busy - but not working today.  Well, I might do some work, but I am not out on work business at the moment.  I have a problem tooth.  I'm 31 years old and when I was younger, I never got my wisdom teeth removed.  The common assumption with my mouth was that there was enough space, which seemed like a great boon at fifteen when all of my other friends had their teeth out.  It looked like a process, and I thought I was lucky not to have to undergo it.

Turns out, while there was space for my wisdom teeth when the top pair started coming in, it was really hard for me to clean them.  So I had the top two out in the dentists office, an extraction like any other tooth removal, pop and I'm out the door.  Getting a crown is more arduous.

But one of my bottom teeth recently came in and wow, it's too big.  While I've adjusted to the size of it, the left side of my mouth closes first and makes me feel lopsided.  I feel like I'm always biting down.  It's affecting my speech, so that I feel like I have to enunciate a great deal more to say things without lisping.

So, I'm off today, to the dentist to see what can be done.
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment