Work In Progress - Nebula IX


I've been working on this piece for a while.  I can't remember what nebula it started out as a depiction of, since I started it about a year ago.

Lately, I've been thinking about what the surface of a moon or exoplanet might be like.  I really want to paint the topography of such a place.  An alien environment from our own solar system could be such a great challenge of imagination to create and paint.

Some time ago I bough Flora Bowley's book, and didn't make time to read it until recently.  It's so inspiring!  With yoga poses and passages on intuition and thoughtfulness, it's as much about spirit as it is about painting.  It's an enlightening way to look at the process of creating art.  My paints don't get much use, my watercolors for patterns are about all I do in traditional media these days.  In the past I've used both oils and acrylics, but never did traditional space art with either.  I'm thinking of applying some of her creative ideas and direction to a space art painting done in traditional mediums.  It will at least be fun to try!
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment