Grey Vines

Happy Friday all!

This is a painting that I finished about a month ago, maybe a little bit more, for my best friend.  I really loved the finished product, and am so glad that it's going to be hanging in her lovely home!  It's always such an honor to see my work hanging up, or on a iphone case or anything really.


I called this piece 'Grey Vines' for lack of a better name.  That big flower got repainted SEVERAL times before I liked it, and the last time with just a palette knife and some heavy body paint.  I started painting this at the beginning of my painting class with Flora Bowley, and I liked the way that it changed the way I made this piece, even mid-process.  This piece definitely has more texture and some of the techniques I learned from her class.

Grey Vines on Society6

My paintings will become available on Society6 as they are finished and photographed.  I hope to find a printer that I love and also put them up in my etsy shop as giclee prints, but until then, they're exclusive to my S6 shop.
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment