Getting Uncomfortable

Lately I've been stuck in a rut.  I've been stuck so long all of my art is suffering - photography, painting and writing.  I've even stopped the practice edits that I do to work on my photoshop skills.

For the longest time, I wasn't sure what to do about it.  I felt bad, really terrible about not working, or even wanting to work.  When this kind of stress hits me, I really wish I had a bigger support network in place.  I don't know many artists in my community, and I haven't had a chance to do much networking.

This morning I got up for the first time in a good while, after a weekend spent running and playing video games.  I made important decisions about what I wanted to do - groups to join, local exhibitions to enter - that sort of thing.

It all makes me uncomfortable, but in a good way.

I'm not the most social of people by nature.  I'm a tea and books on Friday night kind of woman.  But in life, especially an artistic life,  getting uncomfortable can be the way to get out of a rut.  I'm still scared, and to be frank it makes me anxious, but I'd rather have tried than to get into another bad patch thinking about all of the things I haven't done.



So have some azaleas, from me to you with the hope for more productive days ahead.
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment