A Bit of Good

This week was a rough one, wasn't it?  I'm still trying to get my bearings from all that has happened.  There was a bit of good late this week - I purchased a pancake lens for my camera.  I'd heard about the image quality before, but it is simply wonderful in the few test shots I've taken.  I can't wait to take more with this!

Lens are one of the few things I am comfortable buying for my camera right now.  I don't feel like I know enough about flashes or filters, and I'd like to change that.  There's so much to learn, but I've come far too.  There was a time when I didn't know how to use the manual settings on my camera!  At least I've had fun finding my way.

Image from Adorama - where I purchased my lens
I'm branching out - this week I did some soul searching, and I've decided to do more connecting on and offline.  I've been reading and working a good deal the past week, just trying to get myself together and see what the next best move is for me.  My new business cards came from MOO.com recently, and they've got four of my photographs on them - they look great!

Were you able to see the aurora?  Last Saturday there was an aurora, but it was foggy here and I had no visibility at all.  I would have liked a glimpse, but I guess I'll have to settle for the ones in Skyrim.  Perhaps I'll try my hand at painting one soon.  It would be interesting to try it with watercolor.

Take care,
Em


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment