The Sun

During my time away, I had the chance to take a double-decker tour bus around the city of Montreal.  It was a fun experience.  I liked the perspective I got from being up top of the open air vehicle, learned about the city and went to many different parts of it, and got some decent pictures.

This photo is of the Museum of Fine Arts, but more specifically of a piece of art outside of it entitled "The Sun" by Dale Chihuly.  (The same piece is on the artist's homepage, but I think it's illuminated there.  It looks fantastic.)  If you're familiar with his glassworks, the style is immediately recognizable.  I snapped this photo as we made a brief stop in front of the famous museum.


It's a gorgeous piece.  I wish I'd been able to see more of it and the rest of the museum, but Montreal is still there.  I look forward to going back.
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment