Another Montreal Visit

Hi friends, I'm going back to Montreal again this week for more eye surgery.  Hopefully this will be my last eye related trip there.  But in the meantime, I've been reading some great books on Black and White photography, and I decided to revisit one of my Montreal photos from last year and redo it in Black and White.


This I edited with my preset "Radio" in Lightroom.  I put a lot of thought into which black and white would work best with the large amounts of glass in the photo.  It was good to see a range of them, to test a few and see how different they could be.  Some of the softer, more vintages looks just didn't work with these buildings.  The glass and modernism of the design of the buildings in the foreground demanded more sharpness than dreamy vintage.

I recently read in one of my books that black and white images are distilled down to their essence.  There's no colors to clash or to tweak.  It's just the image itself.  I liked that.  I think that's what makes it so appealing to so many people.  Color is beautiful, but there's something refreshing about the lack of it as well.

Anyway friends, send me good vibes on Wednesday when I'll actually be in surgery!

Buy "Radio" in my Presets I collection available on Gumroad
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment