Try A Little Tenderness

Dear Gentle Readers,
I am reminded every so often how beautiful simple things are, how wonderful the quiet moments are and how healing they can be for the soul.



We are so often hard on ourselves without knowing it, giving ourselves too many things to do and not enough time for self-care. Recently, I've been figuring out what I need to keep going in creating things. Not that I want to stop, but things never remain the same. Output levels have dropped off significantly this year because I've been in transition. I have to make my peace with that.

"You can do anything, but not everything."

That statement is so true, yet hard advice to heed.

Recently, I gave myself permission to drop out of NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). I really thought this would be the year, because I can write a novel in a month. I'm pretty sure if pressed, I could meet the month-long deadline of writing approximately 50,000 words in the next ten days, if I pressed myself. The writing, or at least the ability to do it in quantity isn't the issue; I don't want to press myself to work, not in thirty days or ten. I'm sitting in a sea of boxes in a new city. I don't know my way around, and it's time to explore, to see new things and let the newness and excitement wash away the old. There has to be time to breathe, to learn, to leave things behind.

Be gentle with yourselves, dear readers.

I will write again. My stories will be told, my photography will resume, my paintings will get finished. Just not today.
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment