Visiting Inspiration

I had visitors for the long weekend, which made it both lovely and a little stressful.  But I did get a lot of work done - and quite a few more fall photos will be going up for sale soon.  After they left, I got spectacularly sick, so it's been mostly rest and coughing for me this week.

You know, like so many people I mean to get out more and go for walks.  I want to make my every day into something special and beautiful and memorable.  I mean to get out more, but then it rains or I start working on a different project and before you know it, it's been three days or a week.  Sometimes I just walk in the rain and do things anyway, because I know that if I don't, I'll likely get busy and let it slip to the back of my mind.

Last week I went out to the park to take photos, and I didn't get very many that I liked.  It was work - I was out there to do my job in the fall, but I was lacking in inspiration.  It wasn't as much fun as I usually have, and there wasn't a lot of hiking or anything involved.  Hiking is one of the things I like the most about nature photography.  I even had my hiking boots on, but I didn't do much walking off the path.

This past weekend reminded me of how much I like my work, especially when it comes to just being able to do everyday things and make them beautiful.  We went for long walks on the beach, ate ice cream and I drew some new fabric designs.  I think I've been more productive and inspired this weekend than I have been in some time.  Sometimes it's a good thing to have visitors, even as infrequently as I do.  It's given me a refreshed perspective on getting things done.

Here's a new WIP to add to the collection:



Share

No comments:

Post a Comment