Finished! Cream

A while back I put this picture up when it was a work in progress.  I didn't quite know where to go with it, but I liked the sepia tones on the flowers, but nothing was jumping out at me.  Now, I've finished the post-processing to my liking, and I think the picture is far more striking this way.  It's called Cream, because of the beautiful soft light in the background and the colors it casts in the sepia tone.


I am still getting back into the groove of working after my weekend trip to the city.  The expo was a lot of information to process, and whenever confronted with books, I tend to shut myself off and read for a while.  Luckily, I got the chance on Sunday when we came back to finish one of the stories I started, but since then I've been working a great deal on my illustration work and the house.

I haven't quite gotten around to making a total of the number of books we came away from BEA with yet, which is mostly because I haven't done much unpacking yet.  Clothes, yes, but books have stayed mostly in their bags.  It's likely to be a large number, because we both got bonus bags from Macmillan Publishers for being some of the first 1000 Power Readers there on Saturday.  Plus my husband got his mother to send up some two boxes of his books from home, so combined with all the newly acquired books - we now have a small path where we walk in the den.

But books are never a problem and we will figure it all out this weekend.  Oh, and I wanted to mention that I am delighted to have gotten into the fPOE group on etsy.  The Female Photographers of Etsy have their own blog and are a great resource for photographers.  I am proud to be a new part of fPOE.


Purchase Cream
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment