New York Love



Scenes from my trip to the city last weekend.  Both photos are of Grand Central Station, and the second one is of the ceiling.  If you ever visit, be sure to look up.

I haven't done a BEA wrap up, and I am not sure I am going to now, because I haven't even had a chance to spread all of the books out and look at them.  But I definitely want to go and do more city photography in New York.  I am so intimately acquainted with Boston after living there for so long, I forget that I can go to new cities and find new things, as strange as that sounds.

It's been over a decade since I moved to Massachusetts, and I don't feel finished with it yet - at least not artistically.  Though I no longer live in Boston, I find myself in love with the beautiful mountains on the Berkshires, or wondering about places in nearby Connecticut.  I've traveled a lot through Maine and New Hampshire, but not as much in Vermont or Connecticut.

Though I've been fortunate enough throughout my life to travel, I haven't always been a photographer.  I find myself wanting to revisit old places for new inspiration, or wondering what kinds of new flora I might encounter in an already visited place.  But there are new cities to see too, even in regions I considered well-explored by me.  I'd like to go back to Los Angeles and see it through my lens.  I want to take every lens I own on my next trip to Las Vegas, so I can go back and properly photograph Red Rocks.   The possibilities are endless.

If you have suggestions on places to go - no matter where in the world, let me hear them!  Even if I can't get there in the foreseeable future, I still want to know about them.

Buy Grand Central Saturday (the top one)

Quick Reminder - Stop in my Etsy shop and use code HELLOHELLO for 20% off your order!  Only until June 15th!
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment