A Future in Film

Lately, I've tried a lot of new things, trying to decide what more I'd like to add to my professional portfolio.  I've decided that I'm not really for illustrating much that isn't space or technical.  Who knew I would hate it so much?  I do love textile design though, my work with that has been an unexpected delight.

As for my true love of photography, I've decided to shoot on film more.  I've always wanted a Diana F+ camera, and I've found one that I would love to add to my collection.

Photo from lomography.  Besides that one, I have a few other cameras that I've acquired over the years that I can work with.  Sadly, none of them have more than one lens, but it's a great starting point once I get them all cleaned up.

When we bought our house, I thought about turning the basement into a darkroom.  The basement is a dark, somewhat eerie place that can only be accessed from outside and not very well when there's snow.  There's also no running water down there.  But we wound up taking out the window in the first floor bath and put in a fan, so it would make a good place to start developing film.

We'll see what happens next.  I'm looking forward to trying it all out!
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment