Como la Cigarra


This morning I was going through my music, and for some reason I stopped at this song.  I love Mercedes Sosa's voice, and downloaded this a while back but hadn't listened to it recently.  This video is of a a really beautiful live performance of the song.

The reason I've put it up here today is because I think I needed to hear it, and share it.  My Spanish is a little rusty, but Como la Cigarra translates to Like the Cicada.  This song is about perseverance and overcoming adversity.   My rough translation in part is:  "I went on singing, singing to the sun like the cicada."

There's more about despair and the trials and tribulations that the subject has overcome, all to continue letting their song be heard.  It's really a lovely song, even if you can't understand Spanish.


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment