About This Photo: Tumble Down Fire


Tumble Down Fire is one of my favorite autumnal photos that I've taken.  Let me tell you a little about how it came to be.


For the past few years, I've divided my time between my business pursuits and working on the renovation of my house.  It's an interesting divide, but one that often leaves me with multiple projects that I am working on constantly.  It also means that the place I visit the most outside of my house is a hardware store.

On this particular fall day, I just wanted to get out and take some pictures.   There are times when we can't travel very far afield, and I think this was one of those times.  I can't be certain, but this might have been taken around the time that my husband was laid off from his job.

We jumped into the car, and went to a local park.  It was a nice day, and there were several other photographers out there.  I didn't have much in mind that day, just to take a couple of photos and see if I could get some of the lovely autumn feeling in them.  I took this photo during the same trip.


While I do like this shot of the herring run, it isn't particularly autumnal in nature.  It would (and does) look much the same no matter what the season.

So I just went on, snapping photos and trying to find something that worked.  I wasn't until I got home and looked at my pictures that I found the lovely color and feeling in Tumble Down Fire.  It felt like fall - all the warmth and bright hues and like the slightly earthy scent that comes on a crisp breeze.  It felt right.

I love when things go like that, it's like finding treasure after you've packed up everything and gone on home.

Buy Tumble Down Fire
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment