Making New Textures

Note: Right now I'm in the middle of packing up my house, so these posts may be shorter than normal.  Never fear, I'll return to regularly scheduled posts as soon as I can.

A while back I made a texture pack and release it for sale, but despite my best efforts, I haven't released a follow up pack yet.  I have, however, been working on new textures for a while, they just haven't coalesced into a whole set yet.



Blue Water is just one of the textures in the set.  I've been experimenting with new ways to make textures, and new mediums, so this set should be a lot of fun.  I'm hoping these will all have a seaside theme, but there's no telling where texture making will take me.

Seaside isn't the only theme I've got in mind.  I hope to make a whole set of bohemian inspired textures as well.  I've started a few so far, but texture making is often a multi-layered process and some layers require drying time.

This texture was previewed on my instagram.  Follow me there if you'd like to see more as it develops.
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment